Please Connect Me is always striving to manage expectations of our clients – however the ongoing pandemic has created logistical challenges in some areas, and so any pre-guidance we can provide will go a long way! Some of these things may also be useful to know if you collect bills or pay for services on behalf of your clients.
See below for the latest delays and issues reported from the Please Connect Me team.
Broadband, Media and Phone
- Normal activations for regular broadband services from Openreach (Sky, BT) and Virgin Media are working as normal
- There are still significant delays for ‘Ultrafast’ services on Openreach where an installation is required, with the earliest dates being given in April. This affects only top speed services
- There are delays of up to two weeks for Virgin Media services where an installation is required.
- Significant call queue times for customer service departments (1hr+ for Virgin Media)
For anyone new to the UK, there will be also be delays as no engineers are allowed to
enter a property of someone who is self-isolating.
Electricity and Gas
- Delays in processing times for most electricity and gas registrations (e.g, it may take up to 5 weeks to receive a confirmation in the post)
- Electricity and gas switching is processing normally
- Slight extension of call queue times for some providers
Council Tax and Water
- Delays in processing times for most council tax and water registrations (e.g, it may take up to 5 weeks to receive a confirmation in the post)
- Councils remain generally hard to contact to change account information
Supplier Specific Issues
Along with the above, there are some supplier specific issues that may affect customers depending on the area they’re moving too:
- Hackney Council is undergoing a cyber-attack and is unable to process new registrations (since September 2020)
- Kensington & Chelsea Council have a 20 working day delay on top of normal processing times
- Thames Water have closed their email inbox, and have significant delays for customer service calls
- Bristol Council have closed their email inbox, and will not accept customer information or account changes over the phone
- Ealing Council have closed their email inbox, but can be contacted by phone
- Barnet Council have closed their email inbox, but can be contacted by phone
- Npower have closed their email inbox, but can be contacted by phone