Please Connect Me is committed to the protection of your personal data. For more than
a decade we’ve helped make life a whole lot easier for home movers around the world, and
in order to do that, those movers have trusted us to take great care of the information
In order to deliver our services to you, we need to collect some of your personal
information. We promise to keep that information safe, and only share it with the service
providers or partners which you tell us to, and only for the express purpose for which
you want us to share it.
about you, and how we look after your personal information when we have it. This
notice is set out as follows:
- Important information about Please Connect Me
- Types of data we collect
- How we collect your personal data
- How we use your personal data
- Transfers of your personal data to other parties
- International transfers of your data
- Data security and storage
- Your legal rights
1. Important information about Please Connect Me
Please Connect Me Limited (referred to as “Please Connect Me”, “we”, “us” or “our” in
this notice) is a company incorporated in England & Wales with the company number
10103770. We are also a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s
Office under the reference ZA206723.
Please Connect Me is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fast Connect Limited, incorporated
in New Zealand with the company number 1857388.
For the purposes of data collection and privacy, all activity carried out by Please
Connect Me with any relation or bearing on your personal data is controlled by Please
Connect Me Limited only, confined to the UK and assumed to be under data protection
legislation applicable to UK business activity. It is not shared with, or accessible by, any
entity outside the United Kingdom.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise
your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018, contact Please Connect Me’s Data
Protection Officer using the details below:
The Data Protection Officer
Please Connect Me Limited
10 John St
Email address: [email protected]
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information
Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you’re unhappy with this privacy notice, or if you believe
that we’ve mishandled your data or breached your privacy. You can find their contact
details on their website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you believe a breach of your privacy has been made by Please Connect Me, we
would appreciate the opportunity to deal with any concerns you may have before you
approach the ICO, so please feel free to contact us in the first instance.
Links to other websites
On our website, you will find many links to a number of other websites. Clicking on
those links may allow the owners of those websites to collect or share data about you.
Please Connect Me does not own or control those websites and is not responsible for
their privacy policies. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you
2. Types of data we collect
‘Personal data’ refers to any information about an individual which allows that individual
to be identified. This can include data which may not be able to identify you on its own,
but can identify you when combined with other data.
It does not include anonymous or pseudonymised data where the identity elements
have been removed.
There are a number of different kinds of personal data which we will collect about you
from time to time, including but not limited to:
- Title, name, date of birth, phone number, email, current and past addresses
- Financial data, including bank account and credit card information
- Your property type, number of bedrooms and living status (whether you rent or
- Preference data, such as price, company, quality of service, and preferred time of
- Call recordings – a record of your conversations with us
When you visit our website https://pleaseconnectme.co.uk/ we use a third-party service
‘Google Analytics’ to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor
behavior patterns. We do this to gather information such as the number of visitors, and
amount of time these visitors spend on the various parts of our site.
This information is only ever processed in a way that does not identify anyone, and we
will not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our site.
How we collect your personal data
There are a number of different ways by which we collect personal data about you.
- Via direct interactions with our website or agents, such as:
- when you fill out a Please Connect Me online form
- when you respond to Please Connect Me agents via email
- when you speak to us on the phone (recorded call)
- Via analytics and tracking tools, such as:
- Google analytics
- Zoho Corp
- From Please Connect Me partners and affiliated companies where you have given consent for your information to be shared, such as:
- Letting and estate agents
- Relocation providers
- Removal companies
- Affiliate websites
- From Please Connect Me suppliers, to confirm the execution of contracts or agreements that we’ve helped lodge for you, such as:
- Electricity and Gas companies
- Telecommunications companies
- Insurance companies
- From additional online sources, such as:
- Google AdWords
- Via direct interactions with our website or agents, such as:
If you don’t provide your personal data
Where we need to collect personal data to perform a contract we have with you (i.e. to
provide you with our services) and you fail to provide the data we request, we may not
be able to begin or complete that contract, and/or may have to cancel a service you
have with us. If this is the case, we will notify you at the time.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use or process your personal data when we have a lawful basis for doing
so. In particular, we will most commonly use your personal data in the following
- Where it is required to perform the contract we have entered, or are about to
enter with you, for example: If you ask us to submit an order to Virgin Media for broadband services, we are required to process certain pieces of your personal data to ensure this request is
- Where we have a legal obligation to do so, for example: To comply with a legal request from a government authority or other entity (different from our contractual obligation to you).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), and
there is no good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those
interests, for example: Recording our phone calls to ensure quality and consistency of sales calls, and to provide evidence in case of sales disputes.
- Where you’ve given us clear consent for a specific purpose, for example: If you give consent for us to contact you when your current contracts end, to ensure you’re on the best price plans for your respective services.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the
opt-out instructions on any messages you receive from us, or by contacting us here
5. Transfers of your personal data to other parties
We may need to share your personal data with external third parties for the purposes
set out above. External third parties include:
- Service providers necessary for the fulfilment of our contract with you, including:
- Incumbent energy providers
- Local councils and water providers
- Energy comparison services
- Telecommunication service providers
- Telecommunication service aggregators and partners, including but not limited to:
1 Portal Way, London, W3 6RS
Your information will be passed to Carphone Warehouse for the purposes of promotions by phone.
Broadband, TV & Telco
Company number – 06534088
- Insurance service providers
- Cleaning service providers
- Foreign Exchange service providers
- IT and CRM services
- Feedback and review services
- Technology providers who link our software to those of our affiliates and
- Legal bodies and regulators who may require reporting of our processing
activities from time to time
6. International transfers of your data
We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Although Please Connect Me is a subsidiary of a New Zealand company, we do not
share personal customer data with that company for any reason, and no employee of
that company has access to the data held within the EEA.
7. Data security and storage
Keeping your data secure
Please Connect Me employs appropriate security measures to ensure that your data is
kept safe. Although the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee the
security of the information you transmit to us via the internet, while it is in transit, we
follow strict security procedures in the storage and processing of your personal
information once it is in our possession, to prevent unauthorised access, alteration,
disclosure or loss. In addition to this, we restrict the access of your data to the
employees, agents and other partners of Please Connect Me who have a necessity to
Please Connect Me also has procedures in place in case of a suspected data breach
and will notify you and any relevant authority of a breach as we are legally required to
Storing your data
We will only store your personal data for the minimum time required to achieve the
purpose for which it was collected.
In some circumstances we may pseudonymise your personal data so that it can no
longer be used to identify you, such as for statistical purposes – in which case we may
use this information indefinitely.
In certain circumstances you can ask us to delete your data from our systems; see
below for more information on your legal rights.
8. Your Legal Rights
Under current data protection legislation you have legal rights in relation to your
personal data. These are outlined below:
Right to be informed
About the collection and use of your personal data, including the purpose for
processing, security and retention periods of your data. This privacy notice outlines how
and why Please Connect Me uses your data.
Right to request access to your personal data
This enables you to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you and confirm
that it is being processed.
Right to rectification
This enables you to have incorrect or incomplete information we hold about you
corrected or completed, as long as the new data you provide to us can be verified as
Right to erasure
This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal data when there is no
longer a good reason for us to retain it, in particular:
- a) If the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which we originally
collected or processed it;
- b) If you withdraw your consent for our retention of the data (where consent was
the lawful basis for us having it);
- c) If we are relying on legitimate interests as our basis for processing, and you
object to the processing of your data, and there is no overriding legitimate
interest to continue this processing;
- d) If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes and you
object to that processing;
- e) If we have processed your data unlawfully;
- f) If we have to erase your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Right to restrict processing of your data
This enables you to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data in
certain circumstances. You must have a particular reason for requesting the restriction,
- a) if you believe the data is inaccurate;
- b) if the data has been unlawfully processed (and you prefer restriction over
- c) you need us to retain the data (not erase it) in order to establish or defend a legal
- d) you have already objected to the processing of the data (see below), and a
decision is being made as to whether the objection will be upheld.
Right to data portability
This enables you to receive personal data you have provided to us in a structured,
commonly-used and machine-readable format. You can also ask us to transmit this data
to another controller. The right to data portability applies when our lawful basis for
processing this data is consent or performance of a contract, and we are carrying out
the processing by automated means.
Object to processing
This enables you to object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying
on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which
makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your
fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have a right to object where we are
processing your data for direct marketing purposes.
Prefer to Speak to Someone?
CALL NOW ON 0800 36 88 551
We’re ready to help with your connections right away, but we understand if you’d like more information first.
To chat with one of our friendly connections experts, call us on 0800 36 88 551 / +44 20 8158 8995